Keeping your details safe
If you choose to provide us with your personal information on the Web, we may use it to better understand and improve on the services that British Gas New Heating (t/a British Gas), other Centrica Group companies and its website offers. In addition, if consent is given, you will be added to our private mailing list, which we will use to provide you with the latest information and promotional offers.
- We do not sell any personal information to other companies or third parties.
- We do not use your name, address, email address, or phone number to deliver Internet ads or unsolicited mail.
- If you are part of our mailing lists, we will always have a clear mechanism for you to remove yourself from future mailings.
- Wherever your personal information may be held within bghn.co.uk or on its behalf, we intend to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you share with us from unauthorised access or disclosure.
- If we have been asked (for example by Ofgem or a lawyer) to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes;
- As part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses;
- To help to prevent and detect debt, fraud, or loss;
- As part of current or future legal action; and
- As part of government data-sharing initiatives, for example, those designed to help stop fuel poverty (where people cannot afford to pay for heating and electricity).
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again so it can recognise you as a return visitor and improve your experience.
There is nothing especially secret about the information gathered by cookies, but you may be concerned that your web behaviour is being used to target you for special offers. For transparency we provide a list of our third party tracking cookies with information about how to opt out of them if you wish.
Google Analytics service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website. Their cookies are used to store details how long a visitor spends on a website and where they came from.
The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on is available for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera.
Customer Feedback and Complaints
We welcome Your questions and comments about privacy issues. Should You have such comments or have a complaint about how We are using Your personal data, please get in touch.